Nabeel Alsamman is a Syrian painter who was born in Damascus – Syria, 1957. His art often includes geometrical shapes made with intense colors, fused with nature, animals, and human figures along with some ancient mythological themes.
The work of the Syrian painter Nabeel Alsamman focuses on representing human values like the role of women in society and their victory against oppression.
Nabeel Alsamman graduated from the academy of fine art – interior design at Damascus University in 1981.
The famous Syrian painter’s work belongs to the collections of the Syrian Ministry of Culture and the Damascus Museum. And it also belongs to many private collections in Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait, Dubai, Switzerland, Spain, Germany, Venezuela and the USA.
Al Samman established solo exhibition at the ALM Gallery in 2013 at the 55th Venice Biennale in Venice, Italy, also a collective exhibition in Venezuela took place in 2014 and a solo exhibition at Cinmar Gallery, Dubai, in the same year. Furthermore, the Syrian painter represented his country at The Syrian Pavilion at the 55th Venice Biennale, in Venice in 2013.
Nabeel Alsamman participated in the government official exhibition since 1986, wrote in many periodical journals, and done special studies about children art for different ages levels between 1999 and 2002. The Syrian artist also taught art in private schools between 2000 and 2005 and stablished workshops for children and young students.
Nabeel Alsamman achieved many studies and decorations for private and official buildings, and constructed many wall paintings in Damascus, Amman, and Kuwait too.
4,334 total views
- Participated in the government official exhibition since 1986
- Joined exhibition-salute to saida-alrewak -Damascus.Syria 1985
- Joined exhibition-dhour shwer-lebanon 1986
- joined exhibition-the ten-ishtar gallery-Damascus, Syria 1988
- Solo exhibition-ishtar gallery-Damascus, Syria 1989
- Solo exhibition-kuwaitian committee for fine art -Kuwait 1997
- Participated in the second biennale of al mahaba- latakie 1997
- Solo exhibition-alsaid gallery-Damascus, Syria 1997
- Solo exhibition -kawaf gallery-Aleppo, Syria 1998
- Solo exhibition-the French institute for Arabic studies-Damascus, Syria 1999
- Solo exhibition-alsaid gallery-Damascus, Syria 2000
- Solo exhibition-al zamman gallery-Beirut, Lebanon 2001
- Joined exhibition ( women and war),by the Red cross ,in Damascus and Gennive 2001
- Solo exhibition(Bousherie gallery)Kuwait, Kuwait 2002
- Solo exhibition-gotte-Damascus, Syria 2003
- Workshop and joined exhibition in the gallery (The cultural house) in droucha/ Syria 2004
- Solo exhibition-fateh moudarres etilie-Damascus, Syria 2005
- Joined exhibition-kalemat gallery-Aleppo, Syria 2005
- Solo exhibition-alball gallery-Damascus, Syria 2006
- Joined exhibition Montreal, Canada 2008
- Solo exhibition art-house gallery Damascus, Syria 2009
- Solo exhibition Carma gallery – Aleppo, Syria 2009
- Participating in Designed implantation of a mental 130 M2 in the Museum of the great Syrian Revolution – Swedaa – Kraiat, Syria 2010
- Solo exhibition (National Council for Culture and Arts ) Kuwait 2011
- Solo exhibition ALM. Gallery 2013
- Participating in Venice-Art-Biennale 2013
- Joined exhibition in Vanzuela 2014
- Solo exhibition (cinmar gallery) Dubai 2014
- Solo exhibition (Bousherie gallery) Kuwait, Kuwait 2017
- Solo exhibition (Alef Noon gallery) Damascus, Syria 2017
- Solo exhibition (Haishoun gallery) Lattakia-Syria 2017
- Solo exhibition (George Kamel gallery) Damascus, Syria 2019
- Solo exhibition (Zawaya art gallery) Damascus, Syria 2020
4,335 total views