Rahaf Alloum is a Syrian sculptor and puppet maker, born in 1992 and graduated from the Technical Institute of Applied Arts in Damascus in 2012, to later on deal with working through different existing elements in order to create an intuitive embodiment of “the imagination”.
Rahaf had previously participated in several sculpture symposiums, art workshops and exhibitions in Syria and worked with many materials including fabric, wood, plaster and recycled paper.
The Syrian young artist also participated in dramas as a clothing supervisor in 2020 for “Souk Alharir” series, directed by the two brothers Bassam and Moumen Al-malla, and was a member of Sandouk alhakaya Company from 2017 until 2019, which is a civil solidarity company established in 2014 by professionals who specialize in different artforms including performing and plastic art.
Rahaf Alloum works with children in the fields of performing arts through conducting a puppet and shadow fantasy theater for them. In addition to that, she also teaches them plastic arts such as drawing, coloring, graphics, and collage, then working on encouraging them into voluntary reading, doll making, shadow imagination, drawing and its techniques.
1,348 total views
- Joint exhibition “Small Sculpture Exhibition” at Mustafa Ali Gallery, Damascus/ Syria 2019
- Joint exhibition “Sculpture 2 (mixed media)” at Samer Kozah art Gallery, Damascus/ Syria 2019
- Joint exhibition at Arabian Cultural Center, As-Suwayda/ Syria 2013
- Participated at the symposium “Delbeh festival 8th” at Mashta alhelo, Tartous, Syria 2020
- Participated at the symposium “2nd Professional Sand Sculpture”, Latakia/ Syria 2016
- Participated at the symposium “1st Professional Sand Sculpture”, Latakia/ Syria 2015
- Participated at the workshop and exhibition with sculptor Majid Jammul, 2010
- Participated at the workshop “global sculpture Symposium”, assistant sculptor with Syrian sculptor Mustafa Ali, Damascus Citadel/ Syria 2010
1,349 total views