Roula Chreim is an internationally acclaimed artist, curator and founder of Beirut Art World NGO.
Being displaced after her house was destroyed during war, and having to travel a lot, led Rola to consider “home” as a pivotal idea and crucial place that manifested in many of her works and aspects of her life. As a young artist she painted small houses and meadows, inspired by her town Salhieh.
Ms. Chreim started painting at the age of four, and she had the great support from her parents and art teachers.
Throughout her life, Roula has visited more than 155 cities and more than 38 different countries around the world. This enabled her the great opportunity to explore and delve into the cultural influences and origins of the art produced in various cultures, cities and countries.
The traces of her journeys around the world are present in her work by the fact that she incorporates objects found during her travels in her mixed-media Artwork.
Roula paints her figures, interior scenes and cityscapes with an aesthetic that evokes Symbolism, Abstraction and German Expressionism. Some of here operatic and ballet scenes are influenced by the work of Degas , perhaps more in subjects matter than style. Her works retain many unique characteristics, such as her preference for abstracted human figures, buildings and compositions while her wonderful palette knife sketches are elegant, sophisticated and usually display a violin or cello, all setting a tonality of mood. Her passion for color is displayed in her artwork along with her abstractions one will find a subtle quality that exudes sensuousness at its core, layered with romantic composure and always a compellingness that exudes passion.
Collectively, her oeuvre is made up of vivid expressionistic paintings that communicate profound feelings to the viewer, whether her medium is on wood, canvas, metal or murals imbued with oils, acrylics or mixed-media.
Roula Chreim ‘s artworks have been exhibited in distinguished galleries and museums nationally and internationally.
Roula said: “My art discipline enables sanity to prevail in these tiring times, while it covers a diverse range of both mediums and genres making it hard to catergorize me into one pigeon hole or another. This I would not change as for me it is the essence of the freedom. I love in my process…”
Roula has curated and exhibited in Lebanon and abroad in solo and group shows, and permanent collections.
420 total views
- Curating and Exhibiting,“39 Distric Convention” Lions Club International, Habtour, Lebanon, 2008
- Curating and Exhibiting, “Art’n Nature” Tam Tam et Pomme De Pin, Lebanon, 2009
- Curating and Exhibiting “ Artmonies” La Crypte de St. Joseph, Monot, Lebanon, 2010
- “ La Galerie Rochane Christmas Exhibit”, Beirut, Lebanon, 2011
- “Lions BCD Hermes Art & Passion Talent Exhibition”, Unesco, Beirut, Lebanon, 2012
- “ Portal to Enigma” Agora Gallery, New York, USA,2012
- “La Galerie Rochane, permanent exhibition , 2012
- “Women’s Show” Goddess Festival, New York, USA, 2012
- “La Galerie Rochane”, Christmas Exhibition, Beirut, Lebanon, 2012
- “Cutting Edge”. Masters of Contemporary Art, Florence, Italy, 2012
- “In The Mids”, Art of Innovation, Florence , Italy, 2013
- “Galerie Matignon”, permanent exhibition, 2013/2014/2015/2016
- “Hilton Hotel, Induction Day Lions Club”, Lebanon, 2013
- “Theatrical Enigma”, C. Fattouh Gallery, Lebanon, 2013
- “ART’n More’’, permanent exhibition, 2012/2013
- “URBAN Design” permanent exhibition, 2012/2013/2014/2015
- “ART Belém 2013” in Centro Cultural De Belm, Portugal, Curated by USIA , 2013
- “LIVE Art_Multimedia_Interaction Black&Blue Festival 2013”, L’ARSENAL, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, r 2013
- “Permanent Exhibition in Museum of Mtein, Lebanon”
- “LIVE/Art Interaction Multimedia” La Post-exposition @La Baraque, Montreal, 2013
- “Hilton Hotel”, Private Show, 2013
- ’A.R.T. Auction’’, Beirut, 2013/2014
- “Karina Sukkar” Gallery, 2014
- ‘’The Exclusive Exhibition’’, Curated by USIA, at BVLGARI Hotel &Residence London, UK, 2014
- “Bergerac”, 2013/2014/2015/2016
- ‘’A.R.T. Auction’’, Beirut, spring 2014
- “The Hang Out”, permanent, 2014/2015/2016
- ‘’Sunset Odyssey’’, Byblos Edde Sands, 2014
- “Generis, Auction”, Sky Bar, Beirut, Lebanon, 2014
- “Acill in ART” Achill Island, Ireland, 2014
- “Art Basel Miami”, Florida, USA, 2014
- “A.R.T. Auction”, Beirut, 2014
- Matignon, permanent exhibit, Beirut, Lebanon, 2013/2014/2105/2016
- ‘Kobo Art”, permanent exhibit, Dubai, UAE, 2014/2015/2016
- “Mystical Island” Achill, Ireland, 2015
- ‘’A.R.T. Auction’’, Beirut, Fall, 2015
- “American University of Beirut, NGO’S exhibit”, Beirut, Lebanon, 2015
- “Dubai WAD”, world Trade Center, Dubai, UAE, 2015
- “Art and Culture” in Hammana, Lebanon, 2015
- “London Fair”, Barnes, London, UK, 2015
- “Riverside Gallery”, permanent exhibit, Barnes, London UK, 2015/2016/2017/2018
- “Beirut International Art Show 2015”, Monot, Lebanon, 2015
- ”A Tribute to Lebanese Artists”, LAUMC, Beirut, Lebanon, 2015
- “Art For Life” Le Yacht Club Beirut Gallery, Zaituna Bay, Beirut, Lebanon, 2016
- “SME WORLD SUMMIT. Dubai” Atlatis, Dubai, 2016
- ‘’INTOXICATION’, German Cultural Center, Jounieh, 2016
- “Riverside Gallery, London, 2017 Exhibition”
- “A.R.T. Auction” 2017
- “MUSE”, Kulturzentrum Jounieh, 2017
- “Without Veil” Achill, Ireland, 2017
- “Lake field Gallery, Achill Island, Ireland, 2017
- Clyde &Co Mena Awards, Dubai, 2018
- Riverside Gallery, London, 2018
- “A.R.T. Auction”, 2018
- Palazzo Versace Dubai, Dubai Care Auction, 2018
- The satisfied slave, Vienna, 2018
- Rochane Christmas Exhibition, Saifi, Beirut 2018
- “A.R.T. Auction”, 2019
421 total views