Ronak Ahmed is a Syrian artist born on the 23rd of March, 1985, and started painting at her early childhood, then practiced drawing in parallel with the follow-up of her education in both middle and high school while receiving great support from her parents and uncle, thus participating in the first joint exhibition for children at the age of four.
During her education at the center for Fine Arts in Aleppo – advertising section from 1999 till she graduated in 2001, the Syrian artist participated in several collective galleries. Afterwards, she moved to study at the Institute of Applied Arts in Damascus – Sculpture Department in 2005 until she graduated in 2007 and started working in painting for the shops of “Old Damascus”, along with teaching children.
In addition to the art work, particularly in painting and sculpting, the Syrian contemporary artist Ronak Ahmed began working in the workshop for Plumbing bronze under the title of “the expressive realism” to illustrate topics such as “Life”, “Love” and “Death” with the key elements of “the Chrysalis”, “the Fish”, and “Dancers” which are three elements that symbolize life, love, freedom and Non-advertised Death.
The Syrian contemporary sculptor is an art trainer for children of “The Hearing Disability Center” and the “Autism Center”. Her training includes assessing children, preparing and implementing individual or group rehabilitation program and plans for designing and implementing classroom facilities. In addition to preparing and participating in extra-curricular activities, the plan also includes organizing an annual exhibition, training children for drawing, sculpting, and recycling performances directly on the stage.
Ronak worked in preparing an arts curriculum for autistic children, children with hearing impairment, designing and implementing the means for theater performances, in the Syrian Organization for the Disabled Aamal from 2014 until 2019.
She was also an art trainer for children between the age of 3 until 14 years old at Al-Asya School – Damascus Jaramana from 2015 until 2016, along voluntary work with Al-Hateia School, October 16 School, Umm Atiya Al-Ansari in Damascus from 2014 till 2015, and Al Rama School – Jaramana camp Damascus, 2011
The Syrian artist worked as a restorer as well in “Nizam House” – old Damascus with AGA KHAN DEVELOPMENT NETWORK (AKDN) in 2011, and was a gold designer at Taiba company from 2007 until 2010.
Ronak mentions that the Syrian case reflected in one way or another on her work in the last two years and believing that this time is the best time to form a visual memory of events that leave an impact on the human memory.
The Syrian contemporary sculptor and painter Ronak Ahmed won the “Spring Exhibition Award” in sculpture at the “Khan Asaad Pasha” in Damascus on June 2020.
1,719 total views
- Collective exhibition – The fine art center, Aleppo/ Syria 2000
- Collective exhibition – The fine art center, Aleppo/ Syria 2001
- Collective exhibition at the cultural center in Jindaers, Aleppo/ Syria 2005
- Applied arts exhibition institute- Arabic culture center, Damascus/ Syria 2006-2007
- Collective exhibition, Aleppo/ Syria 2009
- Collective exhibition Al kameshly cultural center, Al kameshly/ Syria 2009
- Collective exhibition in the honor of Sharref Mahrm, Aleppo/ Syria 2009
- Collective exhibition at Al Swaida cultural center, Al Swaida/ Syria 2009
- Collective exhibition at Mesyaph cultural center/ Mesyaph, Syria 2009
- Collective exhibition at Al Tabaka cultural center, Al Tabaka/ Syria 2009
- Collective exhibition at Dar Al Baath for arts in Damascus, Damascus/ Syria 2009
- Small sculpture exhibition at Mustafa Ali Gallery, Damascus/ Syria 2010
- The Annual Spring exhibition (Asaad Bash khan) Damascus/ Syria 2011
- Shaghaf for arts at gallery kamel, Damascus/ Syria 2011
- Small sculpture exhibition at Mustafa Ali Gallery, Damascus/ Syria 2012
- The Annual Spring exhibition (Asaad Bash khan) Damascus/ Syria 2012
- Without Words at P 21 gallery, London 2013
- Collective exhibition “The Last Supper” at The venue, Beirut/ Lebanon 2014
- Collective exhibition “Peaceful Friends Society” at Salamiyah Hama/ Syria 2014
- Collective exhibition at Nassar Art Store, Damascus/ Syria 2014
- Collective Exhibition at Khan Asaad Pasha, Damascus/ Syria 2019
- The Annual Spring exhibition (Asaad Bash khan) Damascus/ Syria 2020
1,720 total views